Building regs for office conversion to 2 flats
If you want to know how your DIY projects could be affected by building and planning regulations, click here to post questions and view answers

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
dmeyrick
Labourer
Labourer

Building regs for office conversion to 2 flats

by dmeyrick » Thu Feb 26, 2009 8:07 pm

Just wanted to know if any one had some advice for me.
I just purchased a property at auction that has planning consent for conversion to 2 flats. I understand i need to follow certain regs with regards to sound and fire insulation.

I wanted to know is it possible to add sufficient sound and fire proofing without a new ceiling being added, i.e can you lift the floor boards upstairs and add insulation that way. Also it has been mentioned to me that new building regs state you need damp proofing on all walls. Does any one have experience of this and have a idea on cost and method.

Also the ground floor does not have any access to the stairs for flat2 which i understand will cut down on fire regs,any advice on this would be great.

cookeg
Labourer
Labourer

by cookeg » Tue Mar 24, 2009 10:40 pm

You need building regulation approval, find yourself a building professional such as a Building Surveyor or Architect who will produce drawings and specifications for your builder to build to.

holboob
Apprentice
Apprentice

by holboob » Fri Jun 12, 2009 1:58 pm

i could do this for you if you have not yet found somebody. i am an architectural technician. thanks

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1