Building stud wall on floating floor with internal door
Re-generate an old or tired space and give it a fresh breath of life. Click here for answers, information and tips

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Woodsy69
Labourer
Labourer

Building stud wall on floating floor with internal door

by Woodsy69 » Sun Sep 06, 2020 2:39 pm

Hi, I'm looking to build a partition stud wall that will include an internal door in our garage conversion. When the garage was converted the space was split into two rooms, being a lounge and a utility room. The stud wall that separates these two rooms was created before the floating floor was installed so is sitting on the concrete garage base (on top of the dpm). The conversion was completed about 8 years ago and we are looking to separate the lounge room with a stud wall.The floating flooring is made up of the old garage concrete base covered with a dpm with celotex insulation boards and finished with 22mm chipboard floor.

My question is can I build the stud wall directly onto the chipboard flooring or do I need to cut out the chipboard and insulation so that I can fix the floor plate directly to the garage concrete base?

stoneyboy
Project Manager
Project Manager

Re: Building stud wall on floating floor with internal door

by stoneyboy » Tue Sep 08, 2020 10:40 pm

Hi woodsys99
If your stud wall is one storey high and will not be load bearing you should be ok building direct on the chipboard.
Regards S

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:56 pm