buying in turkey
Thinking about moving abroad? Click here for questions, answers and issues surrounding this topic

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
welsh brickie
Project Manager
Project Manager

buying in turkey

by welsh brickie » Tue Nov 23, 2010 12:25 pm

just a bit of advice before buying in turkey.

1.DONT TRUST ANYONE,Dont get me wrong the turkish people are lovely and will help you in anyway.

2.When using an estate agent never use the lawyer they recommend,they will always say you dont need one,And always say we can sort all legalities for you.

3.Never,ever had over cash if buying a property always use bank transfers.

4.Do your groundwork get as much information before buying talk to as many other Resident owners as you can.

5.When appointing a lawyer go with recommendations from other owners and not from estate agents.

6.Get the tapu (deeds)checked if its in the right zone,In some areas you cannot buy.

7.Make sure the tapu is for residential use and not tourist use.As its hard to sell on or change.

Turkey is a beautifull country and has a lot to offer,with friendly people and a great cultural experience.
Buying in turkey can be a painless and easy process,But there are devious people out there to rip you off,as there are in other countries.Just be aware and do your groundwork.

Good luck..

beckistar1
Labourer
Labourer

Re

by beckistar1 » Tue Apr 05, 2011 6:09 pm

The turkish people are lovely, you're no more likely to get rippd off than in any other country that isn't england. Great tips.

juco
Apprentice
Apprentice

Turkey

by juco » Tue Jun 21, 2011 12:28 am

If anyone is considering buying in Turkey then please contact me for advice, I have bought with no real issues but over the last few years have learned a lot and can help you avoid many of the pitfalls.

There is no gain in this for me other than pleasure if I can prevent just one person getting ripped off or swindled out of their life savings.

gc9
Tradesman
Tradesman

Re: buying in turkey

by gc9 » Fri Jun 29, 2012 5:49 pm

A friend of mine bought a property in Turkey a couple of years ago. I remember he used the services of a UK company.

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Fri Jun 28, 2024 1:15 pm