Cold Radiator After Adding new Inhibitor
Help and information on all topics relating to your central heating, air conditioning and ventilation issues.

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
stronach
Tradesman
Tradesman

Cold Radiator After Adding new Inhibitor

by stronach » Fri Jan 31, 2020 7:08 am

Yesterday I emptied the f&e tank in the loft as I had not added any inhibitor since the system was power flushed 9 yrs ago. There has been no problems with the heating since but thought topping up the inhibitor would be beneficial. The tank was full of brown slimy gunk, it took me an hour to clean it out. I then drained 4 litres out of the drain tap on the kitchen rad, the water was clear, that was the easiest one to work on. Then I added the inhibitor via a short bit of hose with a funnel on direct into the feed pipe in the tank. I let the tank fill up then switched on the boiler, there was a loud gurgling noise in the boiler for about 5-10 seconds then it seemed fine. All the rads heated up fine except the one in the downstairs loo which remained cold. There is I assume an air lock somewhere in the system. How do I clear this? Would wecome any advice please.

stronach
Tradesman
Tradesman

Re: Cold Radiator After Adding new Inhibitor

by stronach » Fri Jan 31, 2020 6:41 pm

Me again, saw a possible solution on a web search. Turn boiler off, close all rad valves except cold one, turn boiler back on. Success, gurgle in rad and heated up. Then turned on all the other rad vaves. Relieved it worked.

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1