All aspects of plumbing questions and answers, help, tips and information

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Gillian-B
Labourer
Labourer

Concealed Toilet Cistern

by Gillian-B » Thu Jun 11, 2009 7:39 pm

Help!!!

I've a push-button concealed toilet cistern and it's stopped working. I've taken the front of the unit off and tried blowing down the tube, but nothing happens. I've taken the panel at the front of the cistern off and it seems that the tube has come dis-attached at the end inside the cistern. However, I've no idea where it goes back or how the cistern works! The only thing that moves fills the cistern up with more water and I can't figure out how it actually flushes :?

Can anyone point me in the direction of a diagram for a concealed cistern so I can see how it works and where the tube goes?

Apologies as this is probably a really silly question. Thanks for any help you can give.

plumbbob
Project Manager
Project Manager

by plumbbob » Fri Jun 12, 2009 1:30 pm

You won't operate the flush by blowing. It takes more pressure than than you can muster.

You won't find a diagram either as there are so many different types about.

The pipe should lead from the flush button to the flush valve in the centre of the cistern and connect near the top.

rosebery
Project Manager
Project Manager

by rosebery » Fri Jun 12, 2009 10:21 pm

"You won't find a diagram either as there are so many different types about."

Bob is spot on - sooo many different types any attempt at answering will be total guesswork and therefore probably wrong.

Take a couple of pictures of the beastie and host them on an image site with a link in your reply to this post.

Cheers

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Sat Jul 27, 2024 12:20 am