Connecting Drainpipe to Highway Drainage?
Damp can be a major issue in the home. Find answers to questions or post your own here.

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
welly417
Labourer
Labourer

Connecting Drainpipe to Highway Drainage?

by welly417 » Wed Apr 29, 2020 12:32 pm

Hi All
Ok, current situation is that guttering from my terrace property (and neighbor) currently runs via downpipe to soak away in my front courtyard /garden
Problem is that front 'garden' is tiny and the soak away does not cope resulting in flooding and damp problems. I’m thinking that the existing set up is never going to work due to size limitations and soak away not being far enough from house + no room to move it.
I thinking the answer will probably be for water to feed into the road drainage at the front of the house.
Question is how to go about this? Do I have to request the water authority to do the work or could I simply DIY run a piece of pipe / channel through the foot of my garden wall to end at the pavement so the water runs across the pavement into the road drain?
(I know the DIY option sounds a bit dodgy! but I did live in a previous property which was a terrace with no forecourt at all and the all properties in the area had downpipes that ran water across the pavement into the road)
If I were to proceed with a DIY fix I’m guessing I would still need to inform water authority and incur an additional charge for draining water into their system?
Any advice or alternative suggestion will be much appreciated!
Cheers

stoneyboy
Project Manager
Project Manager

Re: Connecting Drainpipe to Highway Drainage?

by stoneyboy » Wed Apr 29, 2020 11:38 pm

Hi welly417,
Suggest you adapt your existing setup so you effectively have an overflow pipe/channel which does as you suggest. Just do your mods and keep it to yourself.
Regards S

stoneyboy
Project Manager
Project Manager

Re: Connecting Drainpipe to Highway Drainage?

by stoneyboy » Wed Apr 29, 2020 11:38 pm

Hi welly417,
Suggest you adapt your existing setup so you effectively have an overflow pipe/channel which does as you suggest. Just do your mods and keep it to yourself.
Regards S

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Sat Apr 13, 2024 6:09 am