conservatory for bungalow
Conservatories are a great all-round addition to any home. Find help, advice and information on all aspects of this area.

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
hi102b
Labourer
Labourer

conservatory for bungalow

by hi102b » Thu Oct 11, 2007 2:18 pm

hi there,I am thinking about buying a traditional leanto conservatory and building it myself.Ihave chosen the one I want but Ive hit a snag.The roof of the conservatory is above the roof on the bungalow,I have soffits with a gutter attached and although I have worked out that I can move the conservatory forward and fill in the sides,I cant work out how to attach the roof to the building.dont know if this explains it well but I hope so.many thanks,susan.

ollie7489
Apprentice
Apprentice

by ollie7489 » Sat Nov 10, 2007 8:36 pm

Try looking on the "ultraframe" web site they have a box gutter that fits on to the fascia and then you build the roof out from there I did one last week and it works great Les

hi102b
Labourer
Labourer

reply to ollie

by hi102b » Sun Nov 11, 2007 10:31 am

bless you les for trying to help.I have been to the website you suggested but they have nothing that helps.I probably did not explain very well but the height of the conservatory where it joins the house is 2479mm while the house roof is only 2279mm.I cannot butt up against the wall as the soffits and guttering sticks out too far.I can fill in the sides of the conservatory no problem but the roof problem eludes me at the moment.Our conservatory supplier suggested lowering the roof to fit under the soffits but it also lowered the rest of the building and as my husband is 6ft 4ins it was not a viable proposition.anyway thanks for trying it was much appreciated but I think it is a problem that will have to be solved once the conservatory is built and it becomes a necessity.regards susan.

RONSKI
Labourer
Labourer

by RONSKI » Fri Jan 25, 2008 5:04 pm

Hi when you have been in the trade for 24 years its easy.
When you order the frames, your size is up to the under side of the soffit.
when you order your roof the size is up to your fascia and your roof must include an elevated box gutter at the fascia end.
The higher the elevation the higher the roof height.
Hope you have not ordered your conservatory yet ??????
All good conservatory manufactures should know and do know this.
regards John
Homesure Installations

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Sat Sep 14, 2024 10:37 pm