Conservatory heating alternative?
Conservatories are a great all-round addition to any home. Find help, advice and information on all aspects of this area.

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
3magnet
Tradesman
Tradesman

Conservatory heating alternative?

by 3magnet » Tue Nov 18, 2008 5:57 pm

We have a conservatory built on to our terrace. It covers both the kitchen and dining room exit/entrance doors, which have their own double glazed doors. The flue pipe from the condensing boiler goes through the conservatory roof, "to let off some steam" so to speak. This does not cause any problems.

My query is this: Would it be possible/allowable for me to install an actual wood burning stove in my conservatory as an alternative heating source, with its' flue also going through the roof of the conservatory?

welsh brickie
Project Manager
Project Manager

wood burner

by welsh brickie » Wed Nov 19, 2008 11:14 am

Not a good idea the heat out of the flue would be to exessive plus any sparks would melt the polycarb roof.
Try air conditioning unit can be used to heat as well as cool the conservatory.

TheDoctor5

by TheDoctor5 » Fri Jan 30, 2009 8:52 am

If you type the key words of your question into our search box to the left of the site you may find the answer is already posted or is in the DIY projects section of the website. Every post goes through a monitoring process and using the search box may speed up your answer.

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Sat Sep 14, 2024 10:35 pm