Conservatory (underfloor heating)
Conservatories are a great all-round addition to any home. Find help, advice and information on all aspects of this area.

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Eyeball10-4
Labourer
Labourer

by Eyeball10-4 » Wed Jul 25, 2007 12:52 pm

Hi, like most keen DIY--ers I like to see if i can complete a project myself rather than pay an expert to come and do it for me.

I have a conservatoy on order and i plan to do all the work myself and friend apart from Electicals,

My main question is about underfloor heating and screed, i plan to have undefloor heating with the screed on top followed by tiles, could anybody tell me how thick the scrred should be and what the mix is.

thanks

Perry525
Site Agent
Site Agent

by Perry525 » Fri Aug 10, 2007 1:51 pm

Concrete floors have both advantages and disadvantages.

If your conservatory will be in full sun at some time during the day, you will have the problem of sudden heat rise.

Picture the scene, breakfast in the conservatory, sounds nice but, its too cool so you put the heating on, breakfast is over before its got that large block of concrete to heat up -that takes time, later its comfortable - then the sun comes out, the temperature goes through the roof and you have to open all the windows and doors to get rid of the heat.

But, that 3 or 4 inch thick concrete slab is full of heat that you cannot turn off!
Heat that you will have to pay for!

Better to have a light weight heating system that will quickly heat up, and just a quickly cool down.

The Heating Doctor
Foreman
Foreman

by The Heating Doctor » Sat Sep 15, 2007 4:03 pm

See my reply to gfrdl re my thoughts on underfloor heating.

thedoctor

by thedoctor » Wed Feb 06, 2008 4:55 pm

See our projects section on underfloor heating, both electrical and water.

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Sat Sep 14, 2024 10:41 pm