Damp Appearing on Shed Base Floor
Drainage pipes, concrete, footings and foundations. Post your questions and find answers here

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
br2004ad
Labourer
Labourer

Damp Appearing on Shed Base Floor

by br2004ad » Thu Apr 30, 2009 5:21 pm

i,ve got a problem with my base my brother done for me last year,he as put down membrane put i think he split some it..?the base is about 5/6 inch thick with a course of breeze blocks to make shed higher,but only just notice the damp because i had a load of problems with a metal shed leaks etc...i,ve got a new wooden shed on blocks so i know its not leakin now,and after a good rain i,ve notice dark patches in floor.the wood around base is still left in so i,am thinkin could this course the damp...?and the bottom of base is below ground level about 4/5 inch at back and comes up at front(gardens like a big slope)..can anyone help me out,its the bain of my life:(.....base is 13x10,blocks have been cemented over and painted and i done a 45 angle of cement at bottom of blocks onto wood also painted

stoneyboy
Project Manager
Project Manager

by stoneyboy » Sun May 03, 2009 6:18 pm

br2004ad,
Build yourself a timber floor on battens and set the shed on this.
end

br2004ad
Labourer
Labourer

by br2004ad » Tue May 05, 2009 11:54 pm

[quote="stoneyboy"]br2004ad,
Build yourself a timber floor on battens and set the shed on this.
end[/quote]hi stoneyboy...thanks for your reply...yeah i,ve been told about this since i posted this.....been told to lay some more membrane down with wooden battens going across in joist hanger...?board over with thick plywood...just hope it does work

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Sun Oct 06, 2024 8:37 am