Different Layers After Stripping Wallpaper Banner off
General decorating topics, questions and answers. find help, tips and advice on completing your decorating projects

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Kat660
Labourer
Labourer

Different Layers After Stripping Wallpaper Banner off

by Kat660 » Sat Jan 12, 2019 2:34 pm

I have stripped a wallpaper banner in my bedroom, which went round the middle of the walls all around the room. I have stripped it all but it has left different layers and patches here and there. Part of it would be left with 2 different paint layers or it would gone back to the plasterboard. How can I fix this without getting a plaster in or whatever. As it is in the middle of the walls. And not the whole wall. Can I use easi fill and skim on the area all around, prime it with a watered down emulsion or pva then sand and paint. Or is there something i can use like poly filla smoothover and paint once dried? Whats the best and easiest solution?

gc1967
Ganger
Ganger

Re: Different Layers After Stripping Wallpaper Banner off

by gc1967 » Mon Feb 18, 2019 11:17 pm

Scrape off all hard edges and then using a caulking board skim over it with easi fill, allow to dry and lightly rub down, and reskim if needed and rub down again, apply a thinned down coat of emulsion over the filler and allow to dry and then paint your walls.

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Mon May 06, 2024 5:54 am