digital tv
Ask questions and find answers to many subjects relating to electrics and electrical work

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
vikz
Apprentice
Apprentice

digital tv

by vikz » Wed Jan 23, 2008 6:38 pm

Hi just bought digital tv for bedroom but we only have an inside aerial in the loft and not a good area for digital anyway. Have tried a digital aerial on it but can only pick up 45 to 50% signal. Priced getting outside one but bloke said I would need booster and other bits to costing about 250 quid! Not paying out that amount of cash for one tv im affraid and don;t want to install freeview for 150 quid as there is freeview built in to tv.Not that bothered on getting lots of channels as long as good picture on the main 4. Any suggestions?

kbrownie
Project Manager
Project Manager

by kbrownie » Wed Jan 23, 2008 10:19 pm

Hi vikz,
Some areas don't pick up the signal to well, and even a booster may not get you all the channels you want sometime hardly any improvement.
A few suggestion are get sky, cable, move!
but sound like your a tight bugger so may be non of them any good to you (only joking)
Try the digitaluk website might find some info on there that is helpful.
Good Luck mate, have the same problem where I live only one cable provider, no sky, digital, no freeveiw signals can't pick owt up, not even a sheep!
Regards
KB

ericmark

by ericmark » Fri Jan 25, 2008 11:01 am

Depending on area you may only have to wait. But digital is sent in 6 lumps called multiplexers each will have 6 to 10 TV programs. If your getting some but not all most likely your aerial is not wide band as the Multiplexers have been slipped in where there is room and are not bunched together like old analogue so aerials with red, blue, yellow tips will only get some programs need the one with black tip. These are often called digital aerials since only since digital have they been required. Any booster should be as close to aerial as you can put it. Mast head or in loft best. I hope that helps.

vikz
Apprentice
Apprentice

by vikz » Sun Jan 27, 2008 7:05 pm

Hi Thanks to you both for your advice on getting a decent pic with my digital tv. Had to laugh at your post regarding me being a tight bugger! and you not being able to pick up even a sheep Depends on how badly I want something before I spend my cash. Dont mind spending it on a treat for myself obviosly Anyway thanks again and made me laugh to.

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:20 pm