Door Frame Jams Split and Door Came off
Kitchens, doors, rails, stud, tables, chairs, stair cases, garden furniture etc... Find answers and ask questions here!

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
DIYlover5423
Labourer
Labourer

Door Frame Jams Split and Door Came off

Post by DIYlover5423 » Wed Jul 29, 2020 4:44 pm

Hi guys - please let me know if this is not the relevant forum for this query and if that's the case do point me in the right direction, thanks!

My interior door has come off the hinges, as you can see from the images, the wood has split. I'm wondering what is the best thing to fix. I'm thinking of drilling out the screwholes, filling with dowels and wood glue, and then screwing into said dowels/wood with 3 inch screws.

Would this work/be ok? Will the long screws grip into the jam behind the frame? Is this a credible fix or will it require something more complex? Could this cause any further damage at all?

I'm inexperienced with door frames so any help here would be much appreciated! Many thanks :)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

stoneyboy
Project Manager
Project Manager

Re: Door Frame Jams Split and Door Came off

Post by stoneyboy » Thu Jul 30, 2020 1:31 pm

Hi diylover5423
Your frame has not split - screws have been fitted into the join between the frame and the quadrant mounding fitted to the frame.
Suggest you find alternative hinges where the screw holes are in the frame not the moulding - look for 100x100mm door hinges.
Regards S

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Tue May 07, 2024 8:39 am