Electric shower wiring question
Ask questions and find answers to many subjects relating to electrics and electrical work

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
dale1uk
Labourer
Labourer

Electric shower wiring question

by dale1uk » Mon Jan 26, 2009 11:10 am

Hi, i'm going to be fitting a 9kw electric shower in my bathroom this week and was just after a bit of advice on the cable positioning. It will be a new install so all wiring and plumbing will be new.
The shower will be mounted on a tiled brick wall so I have no way of burying the cable. Is using mini trunking coming down from my loft into the top of the shower unit allowed? If not what are my other options? I dont have any spare wall tiles so removing a few and chasing the wall isn't possable.

FYI I'll be using 10mm cable, running to a 45A pull switch, then to a volex 63A 30mA RCD, 1x50A MCB shower unit.

Just to add it will be my landlord that is doing the actual wiring and signing it off, i will just be mounting the shower itself and the plumbing but want everything in place so it's just a matter of connecting the wires up.

Many thanks

kbrownie
Project Manager
Project Manager

by kbrownie » Mon Jan 26, 2009 3:09 pm

very dangerous idea and if your landlord is an electrician he would know this, look at part p projects page and specail locations. I think you,ll be re-tiling.
KB

sparx
Project Manager
Project Manager

by sparx » Mon Jan 26, 2009 9:14 pm

I'm always telling my tenants how lucky they are to have a registered electrician as their landlord!.
What you propose to do would be ok except that a 'part-p' registered leckie must do the installation himself as that's the wording on the test certs. He will know the correct type of MCB to use and any bonding required etc.
So if you fit shower and plumbing it will be easy to run down to unit with minitrunking afterwards,
regards SPARX

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Sat Jul 27, 2024 1:14 am