Extra sockets (part p)
Ask questions and find answers to many subjects relating to electrics and electrical work

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Zante
Labourer
Labourer

Extra sockets (part p)

by Zante » Wed Jul 18, 2007 8:26 pm

My father inlaw is ex BT and can do electrics no problem but do i need part p cert if he installs extra socket and lights in my integral garage which am converting into a play room the Checklist for work controlled under Part P of the Building Regulations says no (the garage already has lights and sockets in).Also if he does the work can I get a sparky to cert the work done by him? :( :cry:

BLAKEY1963
Site Agent
Site Agent

Re: Extra sockets (part p)

by BLAKEY1963 » Thu Jul 19, 2007 11:11 pm

[quote="Zante"]My father inlaw is ex BT and can do electrics no problem but do i need part p cert if he installs extra socket and lights in my integral garage which am converting into a play room the Checklist for work controlled under Part P of the Building Regulations says no (the garage already has lights and sockets in).Also if he does the work can I get a sparky to cert the work done by him? :( :cry:[/quote]
ZANTE
I AM QUITE SURE YOUR FATHER IN LAW IS QUITE COMPETENT
AND COULD DO WHAT U WANT.
ANY ELECTRICIAN WOULD NEED TO INSTALL TO BE ABLE TO CERTIFY WORK NORMALY.
GET THE ADVICE OF A SPARKY THAT IS PART P AND SEE IF FATHER IN LAW CAN GIVE A HAND WITH HIM. U CAN ONLY TRY.
ITS JUST THE WAY IT IS NOW WITH PART P, NOTHING AGAINST YOUR FATHER IN LAWS ABILITY.
BLAKEY1963

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 10:29 am