Extremely hot water!
All aspects of plumbing questions and answers, help, tips and information

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
sdereham
Labourer
Labourer

Extremely hot water!

by sdereham » Tue Jan 13, 2009 6:10 pm

I am guessing the thermostat on the immersion heater is broke, or it has been factory set to the wrong temp. Just concerned as i don't really want to be paying a large electricity bill if the immersion heater is faulty ,and, thus heating the water to a extremely high temperature when it doesnt need to. Also if the thermostat is broke or faulty, then the heater will heat to boiling and may explode I have read. Im not ready to run for hills just yet, as i'm sure it would have by now if it was going to.

Why do you think the immersion heat is letting out extremely hot water and is this normal?

Thanks and I look forward to hearing from you.

Regards
sara.

Stelf
Tradesman
Tradesman

by Stelf » Wed Jan 14, 2009 11:16 am

Hi Sara,
You can check what temperature it has been set to by first of all, for safety reasons, unplugging the immersion heater connection, then unscrewing the top cover. You will see a plastic mechanism which indicates the set temperature and you can turn it down a bit until you get it how you want. If this doesn't work you will need a new thermostat.
Best wishes.

nitro23456
Foreman
Foreman

by nitro23456 » Thu Jan 15, 2009 7:23 pm

If its only started doing this it is broken. Turn it off.

TheDoctor5

by TheDoctor5 » Thu Jan 29, 2009 1:41 pm

If you type the key words of your question into our search box to the left of the site you may find the answer is already posted or is in the DIY projects section of the website. Every post goes through a monitoring process and using the search box may speed up your answer.

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Wed May 15, 2024 6:33 am