Post your questions and find answers on all garden related topics and areas

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
king00001
Labourer
Labourer

Garden DIY project to overcome weed and install gravel or slabs advice needed

by king00001 » Tue May 16, 2023 3:56 pm

Hi everyone,
I am very new to gardening and I find very little time due to my work schedule and attached are the pictures of the mess in my garden but now I am serious about sorting this out and every year by the time I finish removing weed my motivation for gardening disappears but I have a plan with the budget in hand I need an advice from you experienced people.

My plan is to remove the weed from from the garden and in the picture in the space A, B and C, I will lay Weed control fabric and either I can stuff garden gravel by having bricks boundary so the gravel stays in place or by having Weed control fabric I can lay garden slabs and in between them I can stuff gravel.
This way I can manage only areas 1, 2 and 3 for gardening and rest I can use for keeping pots etc.
Sorry my plan might sound poor but with the budget and research I cannot think of anything else for DIY project.
Can you guys tell me if the plan for having gravel over the top for weed control fabric would work to control weed and also the gravel remains in place?
Also in the middle I am planning to have fake grass but right now my worry is to sort out the weed as its really a big problem every year.
Thank you everyone in advance really appreciate your time to read and help
Attachments
WhatsApp Image 2023-05-16 at 15.21.25.png

stoneyboy
Project Manager
Project Manager

Re: Garden DIY project to overcome weed and install gravel or slabs advice needed

by stoneyboy » Wed May 17, 2023 10:56 pm

Hi king0001,
Use a decent week control fabric over the whole garden and build detail on top of it use a decent depth of gravel or you will be tearing the fabric.
Regards S

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Sun Oct 06, 2024 11:05 am