gas cooker in a kitchen
Help, advice and problem solutions on all aspects of home appliances from washing machines to TV's

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
wizadorah
Labourer
Labourer

gas cooker in a kitchen

by wizadorah » Sun Aug 26, 2007 8:18 pm

Hi to you all, hopefully somebody will be able to help me with this. Ive just moved house and im wondering if there is any sort of regulations to where abouts you should put a free standing gas cooker in a kitchen. the gas pipe which i connect the cooker to is situated very close to an internal and also close to my back door if i was to have both doors open it would almost box in my cooker, well both doors would touch the cooker if they were open.
Thanks.

griffo
Apprentice
Apprentice

by griffo » Sun Sep 02, 2007 4:02 pm

There are various regs to do with cookers in kitchens depending on type of cooker (free standing, built in ,Etc) Room Air Volume, wheather or not the back door is openable directly to outside, distances from combustable materials like wall hung cupboards to mention the few most important things. Also some important safety checks need to be carried out when installing/ commisioning the appliance, not a diy job really should get a Corgi registered local installer for your own saferty.

Griffo.

property man
Apprentice
Apprentice

by property man » Fri Nov 16, 2007 6:45 am

PS dont forget to chain the cooker to the wall

TheDoctor5

by TheDoctor5 » Tue Jan 20, 2009 11:06 am

Last year 64% of the questions asked in our forum were answered within our DIY project pages at www.diydoctor.org.uk/projects.htm The project pages are now separated alphabetically and your answers are accompanied by diagrams and the ability to see, and buy, the tools and/or required to complete your project. Use our search box to look for your answer and save a great deal of time and money!

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Fri Sep 27, 2024 8:23 pm