granite worktop
Kitchens, doors, rails, stud, tables, chairs, stair cases, garden furniture etc... Find answers and ask questions here!

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
jgiddings
Labourer
Labourer

granite worktop

Post by jgiddings » Thu Aug 28, 2008 9:00 am

recently had granite worktop and my builder said he couldn't fix integrated washing machine to it which means the washing machine constantly jumps out of line with the units. i am constantly having to take off plinth push very heavy washing machine back into place! Surely there must be an answer to this problem somewhere, can anybody help?

jobzagudun
Labourer
Labourer

Re: granite worktop

Post by jobzagudun » Mon Apr 13, 2009 8:06 am

[quote="jgiddings"]recently had granite worktop and my builder said he couldn't fix integrated washing machine to it which means the washing machine constantly jumps out of line with the units. i am constantly having to take off plinth push very heavy washing machine back into place! Surely there must be an answer to this problem somewhere, can anybody help?[/quote]

You could try rawl plugging a batten to the floor just in front of the machine to prevent it from drifting forward anymore,
Good luck.

rosebery
Project Manager
Project Manager

Post by rosebery » Mon Apr 13, 2009 9:46 pm

Well it shouldn't "jump about". The loads must be out of balance.

Even if it were a chipboard worktop and the top screws could have been fitted if it jumps about that much then the screws would have been torn out of the worktop anyway. Fix the feet down or the batten approach as suggested. But both of these are treating the symptom not the cause.

Cheers

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Fri Apr 05, 2024 2:54 pm