Hardwalling bathroom wall.
Ask your questions and find answers on many subjects relating to plastering and dry lining

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
ivandaviesid63
Apprentice
Apprentice

Hardwalling bathroom wall.

by ivandaviesid63 » Tue Oct 20, 2020 12:07 pm

Hi everyone.
Got two walls to do in bathroom in preparation for retiling. Onlt tiling half-way on both walls from floor. On window wall ive got down to brickwork from the floor. The top half looks fine,left plaster on as its going to be wallpapered,bottom half retiled. The other wall(where bath screwed to wall) . Was only tiled above bath 3 tiles high and 2 tiles around sides. Removed tiles down to brickwork. Plaster above tiles came away from wall very easily about halfway up the wall both ways, that is in height and width of the wall. My question is can i hardwall just the plaster ive removed or have i got to remove every bit of plaster from walls even though im only intending to retile halfway up the walls?
Many thanks for any thoughts. p.s. Im only a novice unfortunately at this game. Cheers.

stoneyboy
Project Manager
Project Manager

Re: Hardwalling bathroom wall.

by stoneyboy » Thu Oct 22, 2020 10:37 pm

Hi ivandaviesid63
Just use hardwall to replace areas you have stripped back. You may have to apply a skim coat to disguise the join if this is going to be exposed.
Regards S

ivandaviesid63
Apprentice
Apprentice

Re: Hardwalling bathroom wall.

by ivandaviesid63 » Fri Oct 23, 2020 12:03 am

Hi stoneyboy.
Thanks for your reply, much appreciated. Think ill do what you say with hardwall. Makes sense.thanks again.
Cataloguekid.

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 1:01 pm