Help a complete newbie with some decking please
Ask questions and find answers on all your decking problems and issues

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
NurseAngela
Labourer
Labourer

Help a complete newbie with some decking please

by NurseAngela » Mon Jun 22, 2020 4:39 pm

Hi I am looking to do some decking myself. I have built furniture and wooden items myself before (just built my son an arcade cabinet) but never something like this.

I want to do this with my son as a project together as his dad has walked out on us both and it will help us I think.

Anyway (sorry for rambling) basically I have a rough idea what to do but the area next to the house is soil with pebbles on top, then concrete slabs and then garden. I am thinking of just going up to the garden to make it easier but what will I need for the area where there is soil by the house? What do I use to secure the posts? Also the ground is uneven so if I do the frame a little higher than the floor, will I need support under the frame or will the 4 corner posts be enough?

I’m really sorry if these are stupid questions I am completely new at this but really want to do it properly without getting any joiners in.

I have pictures of the ground but don’t know how to add them sorry.

Thank you for any help you can provide and if I don’t reply straight away it’s because I am on shift and I’ll reply ASAP.

NurseAngela
Labourer
Labourer

Re: Help a complete newbie with some decking please

by NurseAngela » Mon Jun 22, 2020 7:50 pm

Here is the ground by the wall, would I need 4 legs or just screw the base to the wall? Thank you
Attachments
15DDE097-D0DE-4009-A65E-1EA42DE877B0.jpeg
15DDE097-D0DE-4009-A65E-1EA42DE877B0.jpeg (36.62 KiB) Viewed 2369 times

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Sat Sep 14, 2024 11:16 pm