Help and Advice Required Please for Walled off Chimneys Leaking
Information, help and tips on many areas of roofing including trusses, tiling, venting, insulation etc....

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
JRT
Labourer
Labourer

Help and Advice Required Please for Walled off Chimneys Leaking

by JRT » Mon Jun 21, 2021 10:27 am

I'm in a top flat, there are two walled off chimneys at the front which leak into the ceiling when there is persistent rain, like very heavy or days of rain. Also the stone around those two windows is in quite poor condition. I had a drone inspection done last year, I've attached the link to the pictures. Just looking for advice as I'm struggling to get anyone to come and fix it, I've contacted numerous roofers and they either don't reply to start with or eventually don't get back to me. I was wondering if anyone knows why this would be a job that roofer's are avoiding? It is a shared property but even when I've guaranteed payment myself I still don't hear back from them. Thanks in advance for any help!

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/dd4p4q8pn96n ... ?dl=0&lst=

stoneyboy
Project Manager
Project Manager

Re: Help and Advice Required Please for Walled off Chimneys Leaking

by stoneyboy » Mon Jun 21, 2021 11:58 pm

Hi jrt
Without going through all the pictures: looks like on one of the mini roofs part of the flashing is missing; the drain hole through the parapet wall appears to be blocked with debris; there are no terminals on the chimney pots to stop water ingress.
Overall a difficult problem to solve, difficult access needing scaffolding for 3 storeys, slate roof which may not survive access for repair work. Overall not surprised you cannot get tradespeople interested.
Regards S

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:21 am