Help need - Conservatory concrete flooring....
Conservatories are a great all-round addition to any home. Find help, advice and information on all aspects of this area.

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Stephen28
Labourer
Labourer

Help need - Conservatory concrete flooring....

by Stephen28 » Mon May 19, 2008 9:28 am

Hi

Please can someone give me a step by step guide to lay a concrete floor for my conservatory, I'm confident I know how to do but just need reassurance, I'm also wanting to lay piping down for under floor heating, the type you connect to the radiator.

Thanks!! :D

welsh brickie
Project Manager
Project Manager

concrete floor

by welsh brickie » Wed May 28, 2008 9:18 am

utube has videos on laying concrete that will give you an idea.
for the heating pipes use a 2x1 batten and lay it in the concrete this can
be removed later leaving a trench for your pipes

Perry525
Site Agent
Site Agent

by Perry525 » Wed May 28, 2008 6:56 pm

The first thing is to lay polystyrene or similar insulation, at least 4 inches thick. Heat always moves to cold and unless you prevent your heat escaping downwards the cost will be horrendous and the conservatory cold.

Having written that, take into consideration the way you will use the room.
If you intend to have the heating off most of the time, then take into account the time it will take to heat the room to a comfortable level.

Also take into account that if the room is comfortable and the sun comes out the temperature can rise suddenly needing the heating turned off.
If you have a hot concrete slab you cannot turn it off.
It will take ages to loose its heat.
Consider light weight heating like normal radiators that have a quick response time.
Consider the money you will waste in heating a block of concrete only to have breakfast and go off to work.

TheDoctor4
Project Manager
Project Manager

Help from DIY Doctor!

by TheDoctor4 » Tue Jul 27, 2010 10:13 pm

For up to 5 FREE quotes from trusted, vetted and insured tradesmen in your area visit the DIY Doctor Find a Tradesman page: https://www.diydoctor.org.uk/find_tradesmen/

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Sun Sep 01, 2024 4:35 am