High Moisture Levels in Bungalow
Damp can be a major issue in the home. Find answers to questions or post your own here.

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Featuredartist
Labourer
Labourer

High Moisture Levels in Bungalow

by Featuredartist » Sat Sep 30, 2023 12:34 pm

Hi,

We’ve recently moved into a 1970’s bungalow which we’re having issues with high moisture levels throughout the property.

We get readings of between 70% and 90% but he nearly hovers around the 80% mark.

I’ve checked the property throughout but haven’t found any visible signs of damp apart from under the bath where I have now removed the panel and allowing to dry.

Even when we open the windows for several hours the moisture level doesn’t budge.

I’ve recently fitted a PIV unit and again, we’re still getting 80% plus moisture readings.

The air quality is really uncomfortable as it makes all of our clothes and bed linen etc feel damp.

Does anyone have any idea what may be causing these high moisture levels and how I may be able to reduce them with having to constantly run a humidifier.

Many thanks!

stoneyboy
Project Manager
Project Manager

Re: High Moisture Levels in Bungalow

by stoneyboy » Mon Oct 02, 2023 10:36 pm

Hi featuredartist,
Your damp levels are certainly not right - with the current warm and damp weather you should be getting readings around 50%.
On dry windy days open your windows, if you have windows with night vents leave these set to open.
Have a look in your loft and see if this is also damp.
If you have suspended floors and your soil pipe is run below it have a look and check the pipe is sound and that you have vents all round.
Regards S

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Sat Jul 27, 2024 1:47 am