How to identify evidence of attic mould?
Damp can be a major issue in the home. Find answers to questions or post your own here.

1 post   •   Page 1 of 1
VictorianVenture
Labourer
Labourer

How to identify evidence of attic mould?

Post by VictorianVenture » Mon Oct 11, 2021 11:00 am

A surveyor has listed “evidence of mould” in our attic. I have had a look and can see white marks on the rafters we think this is old lime mortar from when earlier roofing was done. We bought the house ten years ago after it had had extensive treatment for rot. The attic space was well insulated and ventilated and we have stored items up there for the last ten years with absolutely no sign of moisture or mould. There is no musty smell and everything up there is dry. The only other possibility is the velux window frame which seemed dark in inspection (from the hatch) and the window had condensation. I have attached pictures of the white marks (possibly lime) and the velux to see what people think. We will of course get a proper survey if needed but are awaiting more details from the survey report. But I am interested to hear people’s opinions.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

1 post   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Wed May 08, 2024 4:37 pm