I need your expert opinion with gas and heating
Help and information on all topics relating to your central heating, air conditioning and ventilation issues.

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Sjp1
Labourer
Labourer

I need your expert opinion with gas and heating

by Sjp1 » Wed Mar 08, 2023 7:25 am

Hi. Don’t know where to start.

I’ve got a big problem with the gas/heating etc in my house and I was wondering if someone might look at it with a fresh pair of eyes.

Basically I’ve had massive consumption for ages now and problems with my meter so octopus recently changed my meter. But it’s even worse now. I have a 6 bed house but there’s only me and my daughter so all the other bedrooms etc are switched off. I have my central heating to come on for 2 hours in the morning and 3 hours in the evening so not much at all (because I’m scared to do it). I got a bill of £230 on 3rd March which was for 11 days worth of gas and so I did an experiment and switch heat and hot water off for 24 hours and read it today. And for the 4th, 6th and half of 7th March it’s £75!!! So around £30 per day! I’m really stressed about it and don’t know which way to turn. My normal heating engineer just does not know what to do. I am sure something isn’t right and no one can get to the bottom of it. Any thoughts?

stoneyboy
Project Manager
Project Manager

Re: I need your expert opinion with gas and heating

by stoneyboy » Thu Mar 09, 2023 9:21 pm

Hi sjp1,
Has your heating engineer done a gas leak test on your system?
Regards S

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1