imprinted concrete
Post your questions and get answers regarding all areas of drives, pathways and patios

5 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
hobbis
Apprentice
Apprentice

imprinted concrete

by hobbis » Thu May 27, 2010 1:56 pm

Hi, I have a 65sq parking area and am trying to do the job as economically as I can. The area is already hardcored and my options are concrete sets or imprinted concrete both are quite pricy. We are very comptetent DIY and have takled all sorts of major project with success, we do work with a builder we can trust but not imprinted concrete. I have been quoted 7,500 which is out of the question. So DIY is my next option. Has anyone tried it, can it be recommended? I have seen you can buy the equipment on line but can it be hired. Any comments would be gratefully accepted.

stoneyboy
Project Manager
Project Manager

by stoneyboy » Thu May 27, 2010 11:31 pm

hobbis,
Stick with the sets, they will accommodate any movement far better than mass concrete.
end

brithebuilder
Apprentice
Apprentice

by brithebuilder » Tue Jun 01, 2010 9:38 pm

Hi,
What is very important if the parking area is at the front of the building is that irrespective of what method you the water from the area cannot be discharged into the drainage system or onto the road. It must go either into a soakaway or directly onto the garden. This is because the planning regulations were changed in 2008 and the regulations apply even if there is existing paving or other hardstanding.

jojones55
Labourer
Labourer

by jojones55 » Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:06 am

Block paving is easy to re-adjust if you get something wrong or ever need to dig some up for drains/pipe access. Pattern imprinted will look a mess is it ever needs to be changed.

TheDoctor4
Project Manager
Project Manager

Help from DIY Doctor!

by TheDoctor4 » Mon Jun 28, 2010 7:35 pm

Discover how easy it is to find vetted and insured tradesman local to your area with the help of DIY Doctor. Visit our Find a Tradesman area: https://www.diydoctor.org.uk/find_tradesmen/

5 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:25 pm