Been clearing out the loft to add an extra 170mm of insulation.
Found this wiring which I don't remotely like the look of.
Upstairs lighting circuit consists of 4 x LED downlights in bathroom, 3 in hallway, and 1 ceiling rose in each of the 3 bedrooms. An extractor fan for bathroom which is operated by light switch, and 2 plug sockets in loft (one was for shower pump which I have removed, other one for god knows what)
I will be removing both sockets as I may be wrong but having them both on lighting circuit seems mad.
Just looking for some advice to clean this up a bit and make it safe before I lay insulation on it.
All downlights in loft will be having loft lids installed over them (whoever did the work previously had ceramic plant pots over them)
Can I install a terminal box with a choc block inside and run the cabling into that?
I'd like to avoid replacing all the wiring if possible