Inspection Drain With 4 Inlets one is Capped off but Water Table is Leaking in
Drainage and wastage systems and plumbing help, advice and answers

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
mileso
Apprentice
Apprentice

Inspection Drain With 4 Inlets one is Capped off but Water Table is Leaking in

Post by mileso » Tue Apr 21, 2020 2:46 pm

HI i have a septic tank that has ground water leaking into it. i have found an inspection drain with 4 capped lanes one is leaking ground water into it i need to block it so stopping the ground water seeping in to my septic tank.
i'm going to dig around and down to the falty cap, whats the best method of blocking it i dont know if it links to a pipe or if its just a fitted blank until i get down to the problem
thanks for any help

stoneyboy
Project Manager
Project Manager

Re: Inspection Drain With 4 Inlets one is Capped off but Water Table is Leaking in

Post by stoneyboy » Wed Apr 22, 2020 8:56 pm

Hi mileso,
If you have a septic tank this should have a soak away so water ingress should not be an issue. You could try an expanding bung fitted in the chamber branch itself.
Regards S

mileso
Apprentice
Apprentice

Re: Inspection Drain With 4 Inlets one is Capped off but Water Table is Leaking in

Post by mileso » Fri Apr 24, 2020 4:22 pm

Thanks

tank was installed in 1990 so it doesn't have a soakaway

im digging up the outside of the inspection chamber tomorrow to see what i can do as the ground water has raised substantially.

im going to try and find a 110mm plug from somewhere open whats the changes of back filling it with concrete too as it will never be used
after i plug it,
Not sure how the concrete will adhere to the plastic if it does at all.

thanks

stoneyboy
Project Manager
Project Manager

Post by stoneyboy » Fri Apr 24, 2020 11:19 pm

Hi milso,
Sounds like you have a cesspool rather than a septic tank so yes stopping ground water ingress is a good move.
The plug I was referring to is the one used to plug drains for testing, they usually have a screw centre to expand the plug to fit the pipe. Search 'soil pipe test plug'.
Regards S.

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Fri Apr 05, 2024 12:55 pm