Kitchen Lighting
Ask questions and find answers to many subjects relating to electrics and electrical work

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
losbuntos
Labourer
Labourer

Kitchen Lighting

by losbuntos » Mon Jul 20, 2009 12:12 pm

Hello,
This is my first post so please bear with me!

i am fitting a new kitchen and i am proficient in every discipline excet the electrics!!!! What i need to know is this.....i want to install undercabinet lighting, there will be four seperate lighting units to fit under 4 seperate cupboards (2 undercabinet lights to light up the worktop and 2 to light up the floor). How do i connect these to the mains? there is one single plug socket next to the first 2 units and a double socket next to the other 2, the light switch for the main light is nowhere near. How do i approach this?? Can i spur a light switch off the plug socket? i want all four lights to be controlled by one double switch (one switch for the floor lights and one for the undercabint lights)
[img]http://i141.photobucket.com/albums/r43/losbuntos/kitchenlighting.jpg?t=1248088312[/img]

kbrownie
Project Manager
Project Manager

by kbrownie » Mon Jul 20, 2009 1:03 pm

losbuntos,
Look on projects under part p, know what you are getting yourself in to regarding the regulations.
We have a duty of care and this is an area that can become a little complicated regarding offering advise, also google competent persons scheme.
Come back if any question will try best to advise you.
KB

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Sat Jul 27, 2024 9:26 am