Laminate Floor not clicked properly...
Topics ranging from metal fencing, wooden fencing and concrete fencing to name just a few. find answers and post your questions here

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
fatneck74
Labourer
Labourer

Laminate Floor not clicked properly...

by fatneck74 » Thu Feb 05, 2009 10:05 am

Hi,
I have recently laid a good quality bevel edged laminate floor in my lounge. When I finished I noticed that near the start one of the pieces hadn't 'clicked'. Does anyone know a way of fixing this without taking up the whole floor (which I tried but it seems to have bedded in and I'm scared to pull it all apart!).

I've tried tapping from the edges and also bought the ratchets for wooden floors to try and squeeze it together but all to no avail. its about 3metres wide and the problem area is after about the first metre - I thought about undoing it from the nearest edge but not sure it will click back together???

As you can see, i'm not much of an expert...please help!!! THANKS in advance!

stoneyboy
Project Manager
Project Manager

by stoneyboy » Thu Feb 05, 2009 9:47 pm

fatneck74,
You might be successfull if you get someone to stand on the 2m width while you use a hammer type pull bar to try to force the open joint together. The best option is to relay the floor, if you have used a good quality laminate you should have no problems in unclipping each section.
end

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Sun Sep 08, 2024 2:00 am