Lighting In Bugerlow
Ask questions and find answers to many subjects relating to electrics and electrical work

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
andyman999
Labourer
Labourer

Lighting In Bugerlow

by andyman999 » Tue May 27, 2008 11:46 am

Can any one help me with a problem i am haveing. The lighting circult MCB will not set. Each time i try to set it it will hold for a short time then it will close now it will not set. The lights have been fine i have not changed anything the problem as just started. Your help and advise will be welcomed

BLAKEY1963
Site Agent
Site Agent

Re: Lighting In Bugerlow

by BLAKEY1963 » Tue May 27, 2008 1:41 pm

[quote="andyman999"]Can any one help me with a problem i am haveing. The lighting circult MCB will not set. Each time i try to set it it will hold for a short time then it will close now it will not set. The lights have been fine i have not changed anything the problem as just started. Your help and advise will be welcomed[/quote]

ANDYMAN999
OKAY if you have not changed or done any thing to it then
u could try the following.
for saftey isolate supply at main switch.
if u can take each lamp out of its fitting one by one to eliminate a faulty lamp that has dead shorted together.
then if that is not a remedy , examine pendant wiring of
holders for wear and short circuiting of bare wires.
if this is okay the problem could be some where on the
lighting wiring circuit , between live , neutral or earth.
if you can access the circuit to check for for damaged cables then that could reveal a problem. YOU should have access in your
loft to look at the lighting circuit. take up a good light and proceed with caution if your attic is not fully boarded . also look for rodent damage.
and signs of overheating or burning.
other than what i have listed , i think u will need to get in an
electrician with his test gear to find the problem , if you can t.
there is a chance that your mcb is not working and needs replacing
he would check this for u

BLAKEY1963

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Sun May 05, 2024 9:27 am