load bearing wall
information and advice on general building topics, builders merchants, problem builders, DIY Stores etc....

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Dodger2303
Apprentice
Apprentice

load bearing wall

Post by Dodger2303 » Sat Aug 06, 2022 12:48 am

Hey all,

I know that in asking this question it is impossible to give a guarantee but I would love to hear a few initial guesses.

We own a 2nd and 3rd floor flat that we are doing some lightish renovation work to. One of the tasks we wish to have carried out is to shift our kitchen door to the right of where it currently is.

The wall in question is one that, in many of the matching flats around out court, has been removed in one way or another,,

We have also been told by a few people who own multiple of the flats that this wall will be non load bearing.

I have attached pictures of the wall, we have the option of knocking it all down from floor to ceiling and replacing it with stud work or just knocking through the part we want and adding a lintel.

Would love a third opinion on wether this wall is likely to be structural.

Also it is an internal wall coming directly off external walls.

pics attached

IMG-6776_r.jpg

IMG-6775_r.jpg

thanks all
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Dodger2303
Apprentice
Apprentice

Re: load bearing wall

Post by Dodger2303 » Sat Aug 06, 2022 12:34 pm

a few more images now we have stripped the plaster
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Mon Apr 22, 2024 8:04 am