Lost Files
Help and advice on software, hardware, configuration and general computing issues and problems

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
ericmark

Lost Files

by ericmark » Sun Mar 23, 2008 12:34 pm

While on holiday I took loads of pictures with my phone/PDA and on my return I found loads were simply not there. I just put it down to some mistake on my part. But Yesterday again I took some pictures and when I tried to transfer not all would transfer. So with a little more time I transfered the memory card to my card reader and pictures seem to have gone. I returned to those I had transfered and noted directory (Memory Card/My Documents/My Pictures) going to the same directory I now have pictures I have taken before but not the ones taken yesterday which yesterday did not have all these pictures in same directory any ideas? Now worried about yesterdays pictures but maybe I can get holiday snaps back?

Paul2463
Tradesman
Tradesman

by Paul2463 » Mon Mar 31, 2008 5:10 pm

This is way too long to help you with your problem unless you have saved the memory card and never used it again . download this free program and it finds all sorts of lost data on hard drives and memory cards

http://www.pcinspector.de/Sites/file_re ... language=1

this may help other people in this situation, my camera coughed when I was in Paris and I lost 68 pictures of a weeks holiday in that cough, this free program recovered 47 of them

ericmark

by ericmark » Tue Apr 01, 2008 9:25 am

Thanks it found 9 unfortunately messed up but had I used it earlier I am sure I would have got them. Now I have tool for future.

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Fri Oct 18, 2024 10:41 am