Moss and weeds on flat roof
Information, help and advice on maintaining, installing and repairing a flat roof. Post your questions and view answers here

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Kawazuki
Labourer
Labourer

Moss and weeds on flat roof

by Kawazuki » Fri Jul 07, 2023 10:58 am

I have this flat roof which has started to think it is a garden, see pictures. It is about 30 or so years old, size 2m by 4m, with easy access by ladder. The little stones on top are not glued down I could brush them up and clean them in a bucket of water. The roof is North facing and shaded by the rest of the house, it gets very little sun and even then only in summer when the sun is low in the sky and lost its ferocity, plus I am in Scotland so the isn't very much sun anyway. Painters have been up on the roof occasionally, they put a board down for their ladders.

What needs done? Will it need a pro or can I do it? If it needs a pro roughly what might it cost?
Attachments
IMG_20230703_093109 reduced.jpg

stoneyboy
Project Manager
Project Manager

Re: Moss and weeds on flat roof

by stoneyboy » Sun Jul 09, 2023 9:47 pm

Hi Kawasaki,
Treat the roof with moss and weed killer, once the live stuff is dead brush off all loose material and spread new chippings over the roof.
Regards S

Kawazuki
Labourer
Labourer

Re: Moss and weeds on flat roof

by Kawazuki » Tue Sep 26, 2023 4:56 pm

Thank you. I bought some weedkiller in a spray bottle and used it water-pistol style to zap the weeds from above (hanging out of the bathroom window) and from a ladder against the side of the roof. Worked a treat and I didn't need to go onto the roof.

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Sat Jul 27, 2024 2:31 pm