My Underfloor Heating Options for Full House Refurb
Help and information on all topics relating to your central heating, air conditioning and ventilation issues.

JamesWalker
Labourer
Labourer

My Underfloor Heating Options for Full House Refurb

by JamesWalker » Sun Sep 30, 2018 2:16 pm

Hello all
I am interested to find out what the limitations are with underfloor heating.

I am looking to do a full house refurb including installing where possible underfloor heating, with possible exception of hallways, although this needn't be ruled out if it makes the installation everywhere else problematic.

Essentially I would like to hear if this form of heating can be installed under both parquet-effect ceramic tiles and real wood parquet floor covering.
For the bathroom and kitchen I would like to install the former floor covering, and probably elsewhere - bedrooms, living room, study etc- real parquet. Again though, I'm open to having the same type of floor covering throughout if this is either easier or merely more coherent from an aesthetic standpoint (not being able to blend from one room to another the parquet -effect with the real parquet)

As I would be looking to insulate walls for sound and heat loss, would traditional wall-located central heating (radiators or similar) be necessary as well as underfloor heating, or would it be excessive?
Finally, is underfloor heating significantly more expensive to run over traditional wall-based heating sources? I could see the underfloor being used only during the coldest months of the year.

Any input on these points most welcome.
Cheers,
J