Only one or two Radiators Warming but Rest Cold but Pump Working
Help and information on all topics relating to your central heating, air conditioning and ventilation issues.

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
OzBoy
Labourer
Labourer

Only one or two Radiators Warming but Rest Cold but Pump Working

by OzBoy » Wed Oct 03, 2018 6:38 pm

Ahoy Knowledgeable Peeps!

My Harp CH has worked perfectly for 30 years, I had the CH and boiler serviced last week, and yesterday I added Inhibitor to the header tank as I wasn't confident/had the equipment to administer it properly. Anyway, my logic (?!) suggested I bale water out of the header tank to a depth of around six inches before adding the inhibitor so that it would be more likely to enter the system.

A few groans from the pump for around an hour ensued before subsiding and only two rads seem to be heating up, the rest stone cold. I imagine I have disturbed the sediment which is now coursing through the pipes and causing blockages and I'll possibly/probably need a power flush?

Of course if I'm very lucky will leaving the CH on maybe eventually clear itself? The pump seems to be working. I live in hope. :-)

Thanks in advance for any comments/help/advice guys and gals, V much appreciated. :-).

Yours,

OzBoy

collectors
Foreman
Foreman

Re: Only one or two Radiators Warming but Rest Cold but Pump Working

by collectors » Thu Oct 04, 2018 11:50 am

If it was all working ok before, you may of created an airlock, especially if the pump was moaning. You need to bleed the rads & the pump. The pump normally has a large screw/bolt in the middle of the round area that needs to be undone to let any air out.. Do it while the system is cold as the pump screw can let out a bit of water.

OzBoy
Labourer
Labourer

Re: Only one or two Radiators Warming but Rest Cold but Pump Working

by OzBoy » Thu Oct 04, 2018 9:18 pm

OK, thanks Collectors, I'll try that. :-)

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1