Paint Sprayer Advice and Avoiding Mist Splatter
General decorating topics, questions and answers. find help, tips and advice on completing your decorating projects

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
justabout
Labourer
Labourer

Paint Sprayer Advice and Avoiding Mist Splatter

by justabout » Thu Dec 06, 2018 7:57 am

Hi, I have treated myself to a paint sprayer and I am hoping someone can advise how to avoid the fine mist of splatter that covers everything in a 4 foot radius when Im using it. I covered all that I could but got caught out by how far the mess travelled. I assume I need to cover the entire room next time, unless there is something I've got wrong in how I use it? Any tips would be great, thanks.

brendontailor
Labourer
Labourer

Re: Paint Sprayer Advice and Avoiding Mist Splatter

by brendontailor » Thu Jul 23, 2020 6:26 am

Looking for your thoughts on high volume low-pressure paint sprayers, the kind with the paint container that sits on top of the sprayer mechanism. Do they work with water-based/latex paint? I have a regular sprayer with the tank under the nozzle and it works fine with oil paint, but not so well with water base. It's so dry here that paint comes out as a powder and does not stick. Even the latex paint conditioner does not help. Just wondering if the other kind would be better.

Nicoholas
Labourer
Labourer

Re: Paint Sprayer Advice and Avoiding Mist Splatter

by Nicoholas » Wed Apr 20, 2022 10:28 am

Yes, absolutely. No matter what you have, you can shoot either a base coat or a clear coat. In the case of a tight-air compressor, I would recommend installing the LVLP. You want to do your best in terms of technical use; HVLP spray guns will be more suited for base coats and LVLP spray guns for clear coats

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Fri Oct 18, 2024 4:34 am