Plasterboard Advice and Screw Causing Wall to Flake and Crack
General problems, solutions, information and advice on fixing to walls of all kinds

1 post   •   Page 1 of 1
micky2121
Labourer
Labourer

Plasterboard Advice and Screw Causing Wall to Flake and Crack

Post by micky2121 » Sat Feb 23, 2019 8:33 pm

Hi,

First post here and would appreciate some advice. Relatively new to DIY and just wanted to know if I've done something wrong or how to (hopefully) avoid this in future!

I've just installed an 80cm roller blind. It's side-fixed to the inside of window recess of a plasterboard wall. I'm in a new build home and I've fitted four of these blinds with no previous issues.

I measured and drilled what I consider to be clean, straight (vertically aligned) holes for the bracket, I've tapped in the plugs until they were fully flush to the wall. Now for the issue...

When I started screwing the bracket into said plugs, which I was doing simultaneously, the top screw went in great, however, the bottom screw was making part of the wall to the right of the plug flake/crack as I screwed (see attached image).

As you can see, it's nothing substantially deep and I should be able to fill this quite easily but still annoying, nonetheless!

My question is, though, why has this happened and what, if anything, can I do to prevent this in future? Or is this sort of thing normal sometimes?

Thanks in advance for any help or advice!

Cheers,
Michael
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

1 post   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Sun Apr 14, 2024 5:45 am