polystyrene ceiling tiles - how to disguise
General decorating topics, questions and answers. find help, tips and advice on completing your decorating projects

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
kailex
Labourer
Labourer

polystyrene ceiling tiles - how to disguise

by kailex » Fri Mar 30, 2007 12:09 am

I have a horrible ceiling of large polystyrene tiles. They are not stuck on, they are fitted to some sort of metal grid - it is in a 1970's flat roof extension. How can I cover them up? Can I fill in the gaps and paper? Or wouldn't it stick? Can I pull them off and fit anything else to the grid? I am not expert at anything but will try anything fairly simple!

thedoctor

by thedoctor » Fri Mar 30, 2007 8:20 am

Sounds like a suspended ceiling which means you can change the tiles for anything you like really but obviously they will need cutting to size. They should just push up, twist, then drop down. The grid itself should not be too hard to remove but by its nature it will be suspended from the original ceiling above it. Take a look though the tiles at the original ceilingb and if it is in fair condition it may be sensible to remove the grid alltogether and get a plasterer or decorator to decorate this rather than the tiles which limit you greatly.

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Sat Jul 27, 2024 2:49 pm