Poor water pressure pumps don’t work
All aspects of plumbing questions and answers, help, tips and information

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Aligl
Labourer
Labourer

Poor water pressure pumps don’t work

by Aligl » Tue Jan 16, 2024 12:47 pm

I moved the bathroom to the back the house (next room) upstairs. I put in two pumps because low pressure water area. One for shower and one for bath. They both work intermittently and I often need to get them started with a magnet! They were new pumps. In the shower the pump might start but then if you put cold on while hot in it goes cold. Have a tank downstairs. Do I need a second small tank upstairs a - is this even a thing!? Or do you think problem with both pumps (seems odd and know they were fitted correctly). I do not have a combo boiler

stoneyboy
Project Manager
Project Manager

Re: Poor water pressure pumps don’t work

by stoneyboy » Thu Jan 18, 2024 10:00 pm

Hi aligl,
Please supply more information.
Is the tank downstairs a mains fed hot water cylinder?
Are all your taps mains fed?
What make and model of pumps have you fitted?
Regards S

sjones12121994
Labourer
Labourer

Re: Poor water pressure pumps don’t work

by sjones12121994 » Mon Feb 05, 2024 8:28 am

The intermittent operation of your pumps and temperature fluctuations in the shower may be due to issues like airlocks, blockages, or incorrect sizing. Ensure the pumps are functioning correctly, check for airlocks, and confirm the pumps are appropriately sized for your water demand. Installing a pressure tank near the pumps can help stabilize water pressure. Consider adding a thermostatic mixing valve in the shower to regulate temperature. If issues persist, consult a plumber

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Sun Oct 06, 2024 8:54 am