Spurting toilet
All aspects of plumbing questions and answers, help, tips and information

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
lizzy
Labourer
Labourer

Spurting toilet

by lizzy » Mon Aug 13, 2007 1:33 am

We have just moved into a new house and one of the toilets spurts water up through the cistern. One of the mechanisms in there (sorry dont know what it is called but is on left side of cistern) is the one spurting water from the top. As you can tell I am totally in the dark when it comes to plumbing but dont want to spend a fortune on repairs if I dont need to.

andy.blackpool
Apprentice
Apprentice

by andy.blackpool » Sat Aug 25, 2007 12:26 am

Thing you need a new valve

heathcote123
Apprentice
Apprentice

Re: Spurting toilet

by heathcote123 » Tue Sep 04, 2007 4:01 pm

[quote="lizzy"]We have just moved into a new house and one of the toilets spurts water up through the cistern. One of the mechanisms in there (sorry dont know what it is called but is on left side of cistern) is the one spurting water from the top. As you can tell I am totally in the dark when it comes to plumbing but dont want to spend a fortune on repairs if I dont need to.[/quote]

I just fitted a toilet and had the same issue. In my case it was because I'd forgotten to fit a little clip thing that clips on where the water comes out, and sends the water back in the proper direction.

I think they must be quite common because there was one in the old toilet too.

ps I suffered a lot of swearing and wet floors, so it may be better taking the advice of a plumber.

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Thu Oct 03, 2024 7:20 am