Conservatory Roof and Sides not Sealed and Causing Draughts
Conservatories are a great all-round addition to any home. Find help, advice and information on all aspects of this area.

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
xBrito
Labourer
Labourer

Conservatory Roof and Sides not Sealed and Causing Draughts

Post by xBrito » Wed Jan 27, 2016 6:48 pm

We had a conservatory installed couple of years ago - which I am very pleased with apart from the draft that comes in between the roof and the sides. Great for letting the heat our during the summer - but obviously makes it too cold to use in the winter. I was hoping that there was something purpose build that I could clip in but have been unable to find thing.

I'm not going back to the builder who carried out the work as he was a
total nightmare - sodding off to USA on six week holiday middle of the job without telling us - when we went round to his registered place of work we were told he had been evicted for non payment of bills over a year ago - we subsequently found two other offices he used - but these where only for mail.
He did come back and complete the build - but only I suspect because he wasn't getting paid for anything until it was complete. But I digress.

I don't want to have to replace the roof and was wondering if any one could make a suggestion - or if something like the Ecotherm Clip-in Insulated Roof Panels would do the trick

Thanks in advance for your help

Rob1985
Labourer
Labourer

Re: Conservatory Roof and Sides not Sealed and Causing Draughts

Post by Rob1985 » Thu Feb 25, 2016 3:19 pm

Hello there,
I internally insulate conservatories myself with multi-foil insulation and finish off with white UPVc cladding.This would be a solution to your problem sir.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 6:28 am