8 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Mattonline
Labourer
Labourer

Slow Drainage in Toilet Including Bath and Kitchen Sink

by Mattonline » Tue May 17, 2016 1:31 pm

Hi,

We're having a problem with drainage!

Toilet flushes ok, but then fills the pan with water & takes ~5-10 sec to get back to the correct water level. On "full flush" this also causes the bath plug hole to gurgle somewhat. Bathroom sink seems to drain ok. Bath drains a little slowly, but not too bad.

Kitchen sink drains very slowly.

Tried using drain unblocking fluids in bath & kitchen, plus attacked the blockages with a plunger. Both seemed to help a little, but not fully fixed the issue.

Also tried filling the bath before draining so as to give a good head of water to push through any blockages, again no real improvement.

Only been a problem for the last two or three days, it was all running fine prior to that.

Any ideas please??

Thanks!

lets have a look
Foreman
Foreman

Re: Slow Drainage in Toilet Including Bath and Kitchen Sink

by lets have a look » Wed May 18, 2016 7:32 am

You have a partial blockage in the soilpipe,it needs rodding,quite simple but then again I am a plumber

Mattonline
Labourer
Labourer

by Mattonline » Thu May 19, 2016 6:55 pm

lets have a look wrote:You have a partial blockage in the soilpipe,it needs rodding,quite simple but then again I am a plumber

Thanks for the quick reply! I don't have any rods though, so guess I'll have to get a plumber round... What's the rough cost likely to be, would you think?

Thanks

lets have a look
Foreman
Foreman

by lets have a look » Fri May 20, 2016 11:48 am

The cost depends where you live,I would charge £50 in Wiltshire, one thing you could try is buying a plunger and using it on the toilet or even a mop with a plastic bag tied over it,not promising

Mattonline
Labourer
Labourer

by Mattonline » Sun May 22, 2016 11:13 am

Excellent, thanks!

The problem seems to have cured itself for now (maybe the plunging, drain clearing fluids etc. helped to dislodge it?), but if it recurs I'll see about getting someone round to rod it.

Thanks again :)

JeffGreen
Apprentice
Apprentice

by JeffGreen » Mon Jun 13, 2016 3:48 pm

Another quick thing to do is put some coke down the sink, the phosphoric acid in the coke will get rid of most clogs, give it a go and hopefully the problem would be resolved, coke defiantly cheaper than a plumber haha, good luck and i hope the problem doesnt happen again :).

Mattonline
Labourer
Labourer

by Mattonline » Mon Jun 13, 2016 8:04 pm

Thanks Jeff!

All still flowing OK at the moment, but if it starts to slow up again I'll give that a try :-)

collectors
Foreman
Foreman

by collectors » Mon Jun 13, 2016 8:42 pm

set of drain rods from tool station is also cheaper at around £20/£25. & you get to keep them.

8 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Sun Sep 08, 2024 5:23 am