Colour for Dark Bedroom With Very Little Natural Light
Your comments on how to design the perfect home - And help others do it !

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
SwimGal258
Labourer
Labourer

Colour for Dark Bedroom With Very Little Natural Light

by SwimGal258 » Fri Jun 24, 2016 7:46 pm

I'm redecorating my bedroom and can't decide on a paint colour. The room is big but gets virtually no sunlight and directly outside the window is a row of conifer trees which makes it even darker. The darkness doesn't make the room feel small so luckily that's not an issue to contend with but I am unsure about colour- white would look bright but could look too cold, cream looks dirty with so many shadows and another options would be to work with the darkness of the room and use colours that are rich and would be intensified by the dark but I don't know what to choose. Does anyone have any experience and can advise which route is best?

welsh brickie
Project Manager
Project Manager

Re: Colour for Dark Bedroom With Very Little Natural Light

by welsh brickie » Sun Jun 26, 2016 11:12 am

try a white ceiling with magnolia painted walls and white skirtings

Washington_Lighting
Labourer
Labourer

by Washington_Lighting » Mon Jun 27, 2016 9:59 am

Hi there,

I agree with the magnolia coloured walls, I my personal opinion bright white walls never look as good. Magnolia is a plain yet pleasing colour and easy to match with all kinds of furniture. As for your lighting, (which should never be overlooked) we recommend replicating natural daylight with a bulb of around 6,000 kelvin.

Of course you should factor in our own preferences.

James

decoratingqueen
Labourer
Labourer

by decoratingqueen » Tue Jun 28, 2016 10:07 am

I agree that light walls are best for a dark bedroom. I live in a small terrace house and the windows are small so not much light comes in. http://www.farrow-ball.com/ have a fab range of light colours that are a bit differnt to the normal white and magnolia that I have decorated my whole house in and then for my bedrooms I have found that http://www.juliancharles.co.uk do a great range of light coloured curtains that are a good price. I find you can really make a different to the light of the room with the window decorations and furnishings. Hope this helps and good luck!

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:23 pm