Help Finding Paint Which is Appropriate for Glass
General decorating topics, questions and answers. find help, tips and advice on completing your decorating projects

5 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Hannah14
Labourer
Labourer

Help Finding Paint Which is Appropriate for Glass

by Hannah14 » Thu Dec 29, 2016 12:26 pm

I need a paint for glass, preferably with a matt finish and if possible mould-resistant. We have glass paneling behind our kitchen work surfaces/sink/hob etc and the wall behind is painted - however, stains have appeared on the wall behind the glass and we are trying to cover this by painting the glass as a temporary measure. Thanks for any suggestions!

welsh brickie
Project Manager
Project Manager

Re: Help Finding Paint Which is Appropriate for Glass

by welsh brickie » Fri Dec 30, 2016 4:40 pm

try acrylic paint

john_ardia
Apprentice
Apprentice

by john_ardia » Mon Jan 23, 2017 1:50 pm

Yes Acrylic Paint is the best thing for this purpose. You can also choose Acrylic Enamel Paint. It does not require heat to set.

Waynegreenway
Labourer
Labourer

by Waynegreenway » Thu Mar 30, 2017 8:13 am

Acrylic paints is best way but use also follow some tips for this. Use powdered tempera mixed with very little water and add a little bit of white to all your colors (except the black outline).

simonelectric
Apprentice
Apprentice

by simonelectric » Thu Aug 03, 2017 11:03 am

What a relief I too have had smelly paint problems, it's driving me mad. I know the paint is new because the decorator had to buy it especially. It was Trade matt emulsion by crown :x I,m now trying cut up oranges all over the house, as apposed to the old wives notion of placing sliced onions everywhere!! HELP! Any ideas!!

5 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Fri Oct 04, 2024 10:02 pm