Halstead Quattro Gold Comination Boiler Problem
Help, advice and problem solutions on all aspects of home appliances from washing machines to TV's

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
ARD
Apprentice
Apprentice

Halstead Quattro Gold Comination Boiler Problem

by ARD » Mon Aug 20, 2007 7:55 pm

For a few days now the blow off pipe of the boiler has been dripping, thus the pressure is dropping in the boiler.

The boiler works fine until the pressure drops to zero then I have to top it back up again.

Anyone know about these?

Many thanks

htg engineer
Project Manager
Project Manager

by htg engineer » Thu Aug 23, 2007 5:39 pm

A new pressure relief valve is required, you could try turning the valve head a few times, could just be abit crap on the seating.

The valve head will proably be red, situated at the bottom of the boiler, will have a arrow on it and maybe 4bar printed on the top.

ARD
Apprentice
Apprentice

by ARD » Sun Aug 26, 2007 4:01 pm

Many thanks for the information. I took the valve out and stripped it. Full of silt, so I soaked it in de-scaler, re-assembled, re-filled, and no more problems.

If you ever need any electrical advice let me know

TheDoctor5

by TheDoctor5 » Tue Jan 20, 2009 11:14 am

Last year 64% of the questions asked in our forum were answered within our DIY project pages at www.diydoctor.org.uk/projects.htm The project pages are now separated alphabetically and your answers are accompanied by diagrams and the ability to see, and buy, the tools and/or required to complete your project. Use our search box to look for your answer and save a great deal of time and money!

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Fri Oct 18, 2024 11:15 am