Metal plasterboard fixings- spinning in holes!
General problems, solutions, information and advice on fixing to walls of all kinds

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
pumauk
Labourer
Labourer

Metal plasterboard fixings- spinning in holes!

by pumauk » Sun Aug 26, 2007 6:36 pm

I've just tried to fix some speakers to my plasterboard walls with some metal self-drive fixings and they simply spin in the holes they have made..... what am i doing wrong / how can I fix this?? :(

Thanks

sleepysunday
Apprentice
Apprentice

by sleepysunday » Mon Aug 27, 2007 10:28 am

That is exactly the problem we had which is why i put up a post yesterday. They start to spin no matter how little or how much you screw them in!

Grrrrr. :)

kbrownie
Project Manager
Project Manager

fixings

by kbrownie » Wed Aug 29, 2007 3:27 pm

hi,
Once those types of fixing start to spin they are trouble!
Never rated them, Hollow walls are always a problem when trying to fix medium to heavy objects on to the wall.
I use what they call HALLOW WALL ANCHORS-CW SCREWS. They come in different types regarding the duty they will be used for. You simple drill the correct size hole that fixing desires then put the fixing in the hole, tighten the screw and the anchor will open behind the board and grip. Make sure you have done all your measuring so holes in correct place, because once they are in ,they are in! Make sure you tighten screw before you hang anything, so the fixing is firmly in place then you can take the screw out and the jobs a good one.
Good Luck hope this is helpful
KB

toptips
Ganger
Ganger

by toptips » Sun Nov 25, 2007 10:59 pm

did you drill a small pilot hole first?also these fixings come in different lengths.if you have dot and dab walls you need a shorter fixing than a stud wall.you might have reached blockwork behind your plasterboard causing it to spin and not go deeper.

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 8:48 pm