Hollow Patches Where new Render has Been Applied Over Plastic Beading
information and advice on general building topics, builders merchants, problem builders, DIY Stores etc....

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Lj1961
Labourer
Labourer

Hollow Patches Where new Render has Been Applied Over Plastic Beading

by Lj1961 » Tue Jul 17, 2018 2:05 am

Hi. Can someone help please. I Have had my bungalow rendered and have tapped around the bottom where the belcast beading is, and noticed that it sounds hollow in patches. I spoke to the builder about it and he says it’s fine and that it’s just a bit of cement slippage because of the plastic bead. Also the smooth render below the beading has gaps in it. They are not visible but I got down on my hands and knees and looked. I don’t know whether he’s taking liberties because I’m a woman and he thinks he can fob me off. I’ll be grateful to hear from anyone with some good knowledge on this

ronan01
Apprentice
Apprentice

Re: Hollow Patches Where new Render has Been Applied Over Plastic Beading

by ronan01 » Tue Jul 17, 2018 11:30 am

Sometimes drying shrinkage will also cause the hollow spots. If dense render is used on weak background then shrinkage cracking is sometimes inevitable. There are some solution you can find online like render treatment with silicon solution or painted with vapour impermeable paint or you can simply ask your builder to simply solve this for you.

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Thu Sep 19, 2024 6:28 pm