Running Soil Pipe for new Downstairs Toilet Over 2.5m?
Drainage and wastage systems and plumbing help, advice and answers

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
fitzyj
Labourer
Labourer

Running Soil Pipe for new Downstairs Toilet Over 2.5m?

by fitzyj » Tue Jul 17, 2018 12:37 pm

Hello,

I've trawled the forum for possible answers to my query but no luck. I'm looking for some advice as to my options on installing a new downstairs toilet in my 3 bed mid-terrace.

The house is going through extensive renovation so thought it would be a good idea to start thinking about installing the pipe work etc. for the down stairs toilet being installed.

Current upstairs bathroom is being remodeled so soil pipe and stack are being replaced. The current stack goes through the extensions flat roof and is boxed in internally.

My plan is to replace the stack and while doing so link the downstairs toilet soil pipe to it. The problem I face is that the downstairs toilet location is around 2.5m away from the stack and there will be two stud walls once the area is sectioned off. Running pipe through stud walls isnt a problem but is the 2.5m an issue?

Also where the extension has been built the downstairs soil pipe will need elbow joints to link up with the stack. Is there a minimum requirement of fall when incorporating elbow joints into a soil pipe?

The added picture is a basic birds eye view of the situation. The proposed soil pipe (red area) will run through what will be a utility area and so will be boxed and behind cupboards/washing machine. To the right of the toilet is the hallway and the left of the stack is an office, the black lines represent stud walls, black area is brickwork where the soil pipe will need elbow joints.

Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (7.83 KiB) Viewed 7175 times

Any help/advice is appreciated.
Thanks
James

JC1
Labourer
Labourer

Re: Running Soil Pipe for new Downstairs Toilet Over 2.5m?

by JC1 » Wed Aug 01, 2018 6:16 pm

Hi

FInd the building regs for your country!
I did the same job, just over 5m in length. I found online the Scottish regulation of what the min & max drop should be. If I remember correctly for me it was 18" drop every meter.
But as I said the regs are on-line somewhere, I seen both Scottish & English versions when doing this DIY job a few years back

Good luck

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Sat Jun 29, 2024 12:56 am